RTDS Technologies is pleased to offer webinars covering a wide variety of topics relevant to real time power system simulation. Watch remotely as a simulation specialist guides you through exciting new topics and applications via educational slides, diagrams, live and recorded video, and software screenshare. Interact with our hosts and ask questions to get the most out of the experience. All past webinars will be recorded and may be accessed from this page.
Click the “Register to Attend” button to register for each webinar. Registration is required in order to secure a spot, and to receive access details for our webinars!
STATCOM and Beyond: Exploring Real Time Power Electronics Simulation and CHIL Testing with the RTDS Simulator
Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 10:00 AM CST
This exciting webinar will introduce you to the theory of modelling power electronics with the RTDS Simulator, the models available in the RSCAD software library, and the development and implementation of control systems in both the simulated and physical environments. Watch our live control-hardware-in-the-loop demo, where we’ll show you how to implement a STATCOM controller on an out-of-the-box microcontroller development kit. Then we’ll interface the controller with the simulation in a closed loop.
- Modelling techniques and challenges for small timestep simulation
- Interfacing the simulation with external devices
- Small timestep models available in RSCAD
- Recent developments in power electronics simulation
- Demonstration: STATCOM with controls simulated in RSCAD
- Demonstration: STATCOM with external controls implemented on out-of-the-box Texas Instruments F28069 Piccolo Experimenter Kit